Creating connections: Community building 101
🌱 To thrive as human beings we need to feel connected to each other. But the statistics show that the loneliness epidemic is worse than ever before, and the experts says that the youth is having troubles creating communities and connecting to one another.
🧠 With this workshop, we aim to explore how we can build strong and sustainable communities. This we will do from an embodied learning perspective with exercises and active dialogue, using our own community as a leading example.
🗝️ Our hope is that you are leaving this workshop feeling inspired and equipped to lead your other communities to feel even more connectedness. While also feeling more connected within GROW Community.
📅 September 21, 2023 (Thursday)
⏰ 18:00 – 21:00 PM
📍 Howitzvej 30 at Station, in the room named Playground on 3th floor
🌱 GROW Community is a voluntary youth-driven organization, that aims to gather like-minded youth with curiosity and a growth mindset, to support them in taking personal leadership and thrive.
- Welcome and check-in
- Introduction and dialogue “What makes strong and sustainable communities?”
- Playful exercises to build connections
- Theoretical perspective – psychological safety
- Co-creation of GROW Community’s values
- Introduction to Teal as a way to organize communities
- Rounding of, questions, and check-out
- Open space to connect and network after 21 o’clock
🌟 Who is the facilitator?
Christina Buch-Larsen is co-founder of GROW and part of the board of GROW Community. She has been an active member of many different communities and worked in the field of community building. Through her education as a psychomotor therapist and her practical knowledge, she now develops and facilitates workshops in GROW, that helps the youth build communities and thrive.
💡 Why Attend?
- Get the basic knowledge needed to build strong and sustainable communities.
- Be a part of shaping GROW Community.
- Connect, reflect, and inspire with like-minded youth.
- Lots of snacks will be served!
👥 Who can join?
This event is for members of GROW Community. Sign up here and become part of our tribe. Lots of inspiring events are happening, and it is free for our members to attend.
As a member of GROW Community you can also join our Facebook group here.
We have 50 spots available for this event so if you wish to take part in- and build great communities sign up now!
🔐 Secure your spot:
- Become a GROW Community member for just 98 kr./6 months (here).
- Reserve your spot by filling out your name in this form (here).
📣 Stay tuned for more events coming up!
Follow us here:
We look forward to seeing you!
Don’t miss this opportunity to make a positive impact within GROW Community and beyond. Reserve your spot today, and let’s build a brighter future together 🌱
#CommunityBuilding #GROWTogether #StrongerSustainableCommunities